Senior Software Engineer - Virtual Machines
Ethereum smart contracts have limited computation power. Is it possible to overcome this constraint?
Enter the open-source Truebit project. Through a novel incentive structure and architecture, the TrueBit protocol allows trustless, secure, scalable consensus on large computations orders of magnitude beyond what's possible in Ethereum today. It involves a distributed network of nodes executing WebAssembly tasks and forming a computation marketplace.
Truebit is critical infrastructure for Web 3; leading crypto projects like Livepeer, Aragon, and Ocean Protocol rely on us and are early users. We are backed by Andreessen-Horowitz and Polychain Capital, and have assembled a strong group of researchers and engineers.
This is your chance to build one of the critical building blocks for decentralized computing, and see your creative output have massive impact.
To learn more about Truebit:
- Architect and build the Truebit WebAssembly virtual machine.
- Build the onchain Truebit WebAssembly interpreter - for Ethereum and other blockchains.
- Write technical specs and communicate design decisions.
- Write high-quality, tested, documented open-source code.
- Collaborate with the internal team (engineers and researchers) and with external collaborators (Ethereum, Parity, Dfinity, the WebAssembly Community Group, and others).
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 5+ years of production software engineering experience.
- 3+ years of experience with virtual machines and runtimes.
- Deep understanding of computer science: programming language theory, compilers, operating systems, file systems, distributed systems, and cryptography.
- Great communicator: verbal and written.
- Independent and motivated - able to execute within a small distributed team.
- Intellectually curious - especially around the future of decentralization.
- An understanding of blockchain architecture.
- Familiarity with WebAssembly.
- Prior experience working in a distributed, open-source environment.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical field.