Senior Software Engineer - Blockchains
Ethereum smart contracts have limited computation power. Is it possible to overcome this constraint?
Enter the open-source Truebit project. Through a novel incentive structure and architecture, the TrueBit protocol allows trustless, secure, scalable consensus on large computations orders of magnitude beyond what's possible in Ethereum today. It involves a distributed network of nodes executing WebAssembly tasks and forming a computation marketplace.
Truebit is critical infrastructure for Web 3; leading crypto projects like Livepeer, Aragon, and Ocean Protocol rely on us and are early users. We are backed by Andreessen-Horowitz and Polychain Capital, and have assembled a strong group of researchers and engineers.
This is your chance to build one of the critical building blocks for decentralized computing, and see your creative output have massive impact.
To learn more about Truebit:
- Architect and build Truebit sub-systems: dispute resolution, incentives, and clients integrating the onchain and offchain.
- Architect cryptoeconomic constructs in collaboration with the research team.
- Write high-quality, tested, documented open-source code.
- Build in collaboration with early Truebit task givers (e.g. Livepeer and Aragon).
- Interface with the open-source community.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 5+ years of production software engineering experience.
- Deep understanding of blockchain technology.
- Grasp of cryptoeconomic constructs, cryptography, and distributed systems.
- Great communicator: verbal and written.
- Independent and motivated – able to execute within a small distributed team.
- Intellectually curious – especially around the future of decentralization.
- Fluency with C/C++, Rust, OCaml.
- Familiarity with WebAssembly and VMs.
- Prior experience working in a distributed, open-source environment.